Fresh from their biggest success ever with The Mix 50, multi-million selling brand Hed Kandi is proud to present their fifty-first compilation Disco Kandi released 3 October.
Hed Kandi’s latest release sees the brand unveiling its new artwork. Conceived by New York-based British duo Vault49 and directed by Zip Design, it sees a subtle but significant shift towards a more contemporary aesthetic, combined with a warm, naturalistic approach.
Says Hed Kandi Managing Director Horace McDonald:
‘All great brands have to develop their imagery to move with the times. Great design is very much at the heart of Hed Kandi, and Zip Design & Vault49 have done a fantastic job in capturing a contemporary new design style for the brand.’
And now the music…CD 1 sees top tunes from established artists such as Who Da Funk, Grant Nelson and Bobby Blanco sit alongside tracks from rising stars including soulful house hit ‘U Got Me’ by Para Beats featuring Carmen Reece, while Messy Boys go to work on upcoming UK soul star Nate James’ forthcoming single ‘The Message’.
The funk continues on CD2 with the Buzz Chart #1 Haji & Emmanuel’s Vox Mix of Dajae’s ‘Brighter Days’ as well as the duo’s take on forthcoming smash ‘My Life’ from Chanel, (the original of which has become Smooth FM’s most requested record on their playlist – ever) before ending the night with re-workings of chart botherers Freemasons’ ‘Love On My Mind’ and ‘Feel The Vibe’ from Axwell.
Vault49 Potted History (www.vault49.com)
Graduating together from the London College of Printing, Jonathan Kenyon and John Glasgow launched Vault49 alongside their final year degree show. The collaboration quickly emerged as one of the UK’s leading and most innovative design companies with a broad portfolio scanning typography, illustration, photography and animation.
Following their relocation to New York in 2004, Vault49 continues to achieve sustained coverage in the best of the UK, US and worldwide design press by virtue of the breadth of their ability across all fields of design, and reputation for creating consistently innovative work for an international client list.
1. Who Da Funk – The Night (Original Mix)
2. Mirabeau – Ghetto Funk (Four Four Mix)
3. Para Beats featuring Carmen Reece – U Got Me (Artful Dodger Soulful House Remix)
4. Copyright presents One Track Mind – Essence Of Life (Main Mix)
5. Nate James – The Message (Messy Boys Vocal Mix)
5. Hi Fashion – Whatcha Gonna Do (Original Vocal Mix)
6. Hanna Haïs – Rosa Nova
7. Grant Nelson – Life (Original Mix)
8. Bobby Blanco & Miki Moto – Black Sugar (Original Mix)
9. Soulsearcher – Feelin’ Love (Ian Carey Main Mix)
10. DJ Disciple featuring Suzy – Yes (Ian Carey Remix)
1. Dajae – Brighter Days (Haji & Emanuel Vox Mix)
2. Axwell – Feel The Vibe (‘Til The Morning Comes) (Original)
3. Chanel – My Life (Haji & Emanuel Remix)
4. C-Mos – 2 Million Ways (Axwell Remix)
5. Duex – Sun Rising Up (Original Club Mix)
6. Jerry Ropero & Denis The Menace presents Sabor featuring Jaqueline – Coraçao (Denis & Jerry´s New Bangin’ 2005 Mix)
7. Haji & Emanuel – Take Me Away (Vocal Mix)
8. Rockers Revenge – Walking On Sunshine (Live Element Club Mix)
9. Soul Seekerz – Electric Shock 2005 (The Drayman Remix)
10. Freemasons – Love On My Mind (Back To Philly Mix)
11. Joey Negro – Make A Move (Club Mix)